Monday, January 28, 2013

Restless Under the Full Moon

I tried several blog topics for today and rejected all of them. I think I'm going through one of my 'picky' phases, probably because I'm in full-on editing mode and doing very little in the way of writing new material at this time. By the time I finish polishing and submitting all of the short stories clamoring at me, I will have inundated the market with more short fiction than I ever have before. Ha, quiver in fear, all ye editors!

Or perhaps it's the weather. New Mexico isn't known for cloudy days, but we've had a couple of Seattle-esque days in a row. It puts me in mind of that line from Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle In Time  in which Mrs. Whatsit says, "Wild nights are my glory!" The rain we got the other day was far from wild, but in this part of the country, it's certainly rare. Add to that a full moon, and maybe my inner wolf is restless.

Perhaps by next week my thoughts will have calmed down and I can find something coherent to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment